A 24-hour, 365 day response service for emergency repairs giving peace of mind out-with Be-Factored’s working hours, weekends, and public holidays to instruct emergency repairs to be actioned through a freephone telephone number to all client calls.
What Is An Emergency?
To enable you to decide whether or not to phone the Emergency Number, and to help us to help you best, we consider the below as emergency call situations:
Something that will affect the condition of the property unless dealt with immediately.
- Total loss of all power
- Significant flooding
- Lift cab broken down
- Major security breech
NB: If contractor called and the situation is not of an emergency nature, you may be charged for the visit.
Be-Factored is not required to supply contractors to non-emergency situations out with normal office hours. Contractor call out to non-emergencies will be recharged to the development.
EMERGENCY NUMBER : 01355 207088
Please note that this number should only be used in an emergency.
NB: All other maintenance issues should be phoned to the Be-Factored Maintenance Care Team on 01355 302 061 first thing on the next day of business.
HOW DOES THE SERVICE WORK?
Owners (and tenants) are provided with an out-of-hours emergency number within their Information Pack when Be-Factored have been appointed development Factor
When called, an operator at the call centre obtains the facts relating to the problem, assesses if the call is of an emergency nature and if so they will contact the appropriate tradesman.
You will be asked for details such as the development name, your address and telephone number. All calls to the call-centre are recorded.
General maintainance questions to consider:
GAS – If you smell gas, phone your gas utility provider immediately!
- Do you have no electricity at all?
- Is the rest of the block without electricity? If so call your electricity supplier.
- Have you tried to reset the trip switch? (situated in the Electrical Box adjacent to door).
- For how long have you had no power?
- No external / common area hallways lights?
- Phone your electricity provider as soon as possible.
NO HEATING – Electric
- Do you have no heating at all?
- Are the heaters switched on at the power points?
- Have you tried to reset the trip switch? (situated in the Electrical Box adjacent to the door).
NO HEATING – Gas
- Is the Gas on at the main switch?
- Is the pilot light lit?
- Is the timer set?
- Stopcock for mainline water is either under the sink in the kitchen, low level in the bathroom or in the cupboard beside the water tanks.
- Burst hose on the washing machine: Stopcock is under sink or to the side of the washing machine. Turn water and power off – problem will be seen on next working day.
- Burst pipe: Where? (house above?, own flat?, common areas?) If the leak is coming from upstairs have the relevant residents been informed? Which room? Can you see where the leak is coming from? How long has the leak been apparent?
- Non-water: Is there no water at all? (kitchen?, bathroom?) How long has there been no water? Are other flats affected?
- Blocked main drains: Please contact the emergency service. We would however point out that this does not cover individuals drains.
Also for you
Back to: Be-Factored